Call for papers
A Call for Papers has been issued for a Special Issue of the Journal of Water & Climate Change, with the topic of “Integrated assessment and adaptation to climate change impacts in cold regions”. The Special Issue is related to the 6th IAHR (International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research) EUROPE Congress – at which Hanna Virpiranta is scheduled to present results from the Kolarctic CBC SEESIMA project. Tiina Leiviskä is one of the Guest Editors of the Special Issue. The submission deadline is 31 March 2021, with expected publication in October 2021.
This Special Issue will cover the following topics:
- Data sources and acquisitions (e.g. observations, reconstructed, reanalysis, models, remote sensing data).
- Data calibration, verification and sensitivity analysis.
- Use of state-of-the-art research methods (e.g. machine learning, hydrological model, climate model simulations).
- Natural hazards and risk assessment (e.g. urban flooding, snow avalanches, rockfall, landslides, debris flows).
- Future climatic and hydrological simulations and projections.
- Changes in the hydrological cycle and heat and energy transfer.
- Water pollution control and quality management.
- Innovative wastewater treatment processes, waste management and resource reuse.
- Impacts of climate change on the total environment.
- Mitigation and adaptation options (e.g. blue-green solutions, nature-based solutions, and performance assessment, social-economic value and multi-benefits, etc).
- Rehabilitation and repairing technologies of structural defects and the use of new materials and new construction methods.
- Other aspects of hydro-environmental research and innovation topics.
The link to the call for papers is here.